Friday, July 18, 2014

Do you want Grace with that?

Facing something BIG today?

Grace...... I have always thought of grace as the thing we need to cover our sins.... that is part of it.

But..... did you realize that grace also entails:  a way of moving that is smooth and attractive and that is not stiff or awkward;   a controlled, polite, and pleasant way of behaving.   Also: a virtue that comes from God.

Thus explaining Hebrews 4:16  Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

I have always thought of this verse pertaining to temptation or when going through a hard time. But this verse also has an element of accomplishing the things that we need to accomplish.  Big or small.

God has such an abundance of grace that His throne is called "Throne of Grace" (look at verse 16 again)  I must say that I have not gone to the throne to get all the grace I have needed in the past!     But..... watch me get every bit I can from here on out!

Thank You God for Your grace!!!  (Grace please!!!!!!   :-)       )

My mantra for today.. "I'll have grace with that!"

Grace is represented by the manna that the children of Israel were given in the Book of Exodus while they traveled through the desert. They didn't work for it. They were given it. They were given just enough for the day. They couldn't keep it from yesterday because it would rot. They couldn't gather extra for tomorrow. There was just enough for today.

So... I am going to get enough for today.... but I'm going back for seconds!!!!! (and thirds)!


No comments:

Post a Comment