Friday, May 30, 2014

Why I Do Selfies!

Why I Do Selfies?

I hate them for myself.  I enjoy other people's selfies.   Just a few minutes ago I shared a picture from my senior year posted by Cheryl Fuchs.  OMG!   LOL!  I know!  Everybody is thinking... "finally.... the prankster is getting pranked!"

But, I read a story one time written by a lady who's mum (I've always wanted to use that word.... and it seems appropriate at six in the morning) had died.   They were gathering memories  and pictures to make a memorial display at the funeral.   They had very few pictures because their mum ( :-) ) hated to have her picture taken.   They were saddened that they didn't have more pictures to share with others as they came through to show their respect.  I decided that this was not going to be me.... so I make myself take selfies. 

I do not like this picture I took but we had so much fun on this adventure and I want my kids to remember this... and for their hearts to be warmed when..... I'M IN THE FREAKING NURSING HOME AND THEY DON'T COME TO VISIT!  ..... whoops.... I digress (cue music)

My 30 year college reunion is coming up in July.   We have been chatting back and forth getting ready for it.   I know my classmates are looking at my facebook page thinking,  "hmmmm... something's different!"  Let me assure you.... It's me!

So... today. .. I challenge you!   Take a selfie today! Post it on my page.  Then start taking selfies everyday!   Let your friends and family have some laughs at your funeral..... and maybe even today!  

Hey...  I declare this "Fro Back Friday!" 

Start clicking.  :-)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment