Sunday, October 12, 2014

This Treasure Inside

You've Got Good Stuff In You... Go Share It! (or... Why You Should Go To Church)

 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels,... 2 Corinthians 4:7

 I assume you are awake , if you are reading this. Perhaps you are facing a decision whether to go to church or not. Or maybe you weren't facing a decision.. but you are now from reading this question. Feel like you don't have any good reason to go to church? I have been there and done that. But let me tell you this. You (all of us do) have this treasure that has been placed inside of you.

 I don't know about you.. but when I find something good... I want to share it with others. Whether it is a new restaurant, a good bargain at a store. Perhaps a beautiful scenic or historic site. I want to tell everyone.

 We all have this treasure placed inside of us by our Creator and we need to share it with others. It's not our looks, our talents... no... it is something placed inside of us by God. It's about Him... not us. So... go! Just show up! Allow that treasure to be around other people who want to know about this treasure inside of you. You'll be glad you did!


As I think about it further... if we get down on ourselves it is because of being self-centered! It boils down to that. But.. if we stay focused on the treasure that Christ placed inside of us.... it will encourage us. What is that treasure? It is the fact the Jesus Christ lives in our hearts. The fullness of God Himself... lives on the inside of us... Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment