Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Jury Is Still Out

                                                                     The Jury Is Still Out

Who remembers the old "That's Good! No.. That's Bad!" skits from Hee Haw in the 70s?   (listen to a little clip to refresh your memory if you need to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnH1IWxjsvQ)

Life is like that!

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 4:3,4 (see footnote) that he didn't care if others judged him.  In fact, he said that he didn't even judge himself. He said he would wait the final verdict.  God knows ALL the facts.  We only know part of the story.

Even though I only know part of the story.. I know that every story can have a good ending according to Romans 8:28 (see footnote)  God causes all things to work out for our good.

For me... I would rather live my life based on Romans 8:28   with a motto of "When it's good... its good!  When it's bad.... it's good!"

Head in the clouds?  Perhaps... but I'm tired of being Chicken Little!

                            **************************************
1 Corinthians 4:3,4 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; (NIV)

Romans 8:28 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.(NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment