Tuesday, October 14, 2014

It's not about the package

2nd Corinthians 4:7
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

I have been meditating on this verse all week. I have a tendency to focus on the outside of the present ie, how I look, how I feel,  what I have, and those situations and circumstances around me.  That is just like focusing on the wrapping paper or the box that a gift or treasure comes in without even paying any attention to the gift that's in the package.

As I turn my attention to the treasure that is placed in the side of me and not focus on the wrappings and the package, I start to realize how much I have and how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment