Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I Don't Want To Feed Sheep

He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. John 21:16

So many times we read in the Bible what some of the Bible characters have done.  Sometimes we see other people doing things for God and we think.. "man.. in order for me to be pleasing to God.. I've got to be doing what they are doing!"

This particular verse comes across my mind frequently.  I have heard numerous sermons on this passage... That we all have to be "feeding the sheep" if we are going to do the will of God.
Well.. I am realizing that John 21:16 was spoken to the disciple John!  Not to the disciple Kevin!    God has other things for disciple Kevin to do.  Just like Jesus spoke to John and revealed to John what he was to do... Jesus can reveal to us what task he wants us to do.  Our assignment will look like no other's assignment.  So... stop copying off your classmates assignment paper and ask the Teacher for YOUR assignment. 

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.   Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment