Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Haven't Even Met You Yet!

1 Cor 2:9 Eye has not seen nor ear heard nor has it even entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those that love Him.

I  was looking for a worship song on Youtube that I used to do a few years back..... during my search I found this song my Michael Buble... "I Haven't Even Met You Yet".  I had heard that song a few times on the radio... so.... I clicked on the video to watch it. And the ideas started rolling for this little devotional.

In our modern ways It seems like the height of our dreams and desires in our lives seem to surround being in love, finding that one that fulfills all our desires.  Perhaps it is finding that dream job or finding that identity that will say to the world,  "Hey, look at me!  This is who I am!  I know that there seems to be a lot of pressure in our lives to do that. From the time we are kids we are asked,
"what are you going to be when you grow up?".  We feel the pressure as we get closer to going to college to answer the same question.  As we go through life we feel the pressure to be  able to give a one word definition to who we are.  Even in the church, the pressure is on to be able to explain in simple terms with full confidence what exactly is our purpose  (or excuse) for being on this planet.  Well.... how many people have found out..... it is just not  that cut and dry?

My hand is definitely raised on that one!  But you know what?  I am okay with that. Through my life, I have had many "purposes" and identities.   Some of my frustrations in my life have come when myself or others have tried to put me back in former identities that I have walked in.

Well, this morning, as I watched this video the thought came to me, God h;;;;as so many things instore for us.  Things that haven't even been revealed yet.  I11111111  ;

1 comment:

  1. This is my first feeble attempt at blogging. So it has been a little rough. I had a so many more thoughts that I wanted to share (hard to believe huh?) So here is my addendum to my post.

    I just started talking about how we get in our minds that there are a few milestones that we need to reach in order to be fulfilled. Jobs, careers, purposes, spouse, children, retirement.... etc. But 1 Cor 2:9 tells us that there are so many other things that God has in store for us. I think that one of the reasons we get so frustrated is after reaching some of those goals, we still feel that there is something missing. Perhaps one of the reasons we feel like something is missing is because there is something mising. You see, God doesn't just have a few little goals for us to acheieve. God has many things planned for us. Enough to last us the rest of our lives..... and then some. Some of these goals might be those things we deem BIG!A But most of those "things" are just "ordinary" things that He has prepared for us. Perhaps a sunrise, a baby's laugh, a friends conversation, a thought dropped into your soul from the heart of God, etc. In this video (and I hope you did watch it) Michael Buble is celebbrating one of the "biggies".... ie meeting that special girl! We need to celebrate all those "things" that God has prepared for us. We need to celebrate the sunrise, baby's laughs, etc like Michale Buble celebrated the "idea" of meeting that special girl. We need to hvae our own little confetti party, marching band playing, flash mob event.

    Part of our frustration comes when we hold onto our own ideas of what God has in store for us. Perhaps the single person is holding onto the thought of meeting that "special someone". Perhaps the thought of having children is your fulfillment plan. The job, the career, the ministry, the money.... whatever it might be that has elluded you up to this point. We need to realize that God has so much more in store for us. By having our focus fixed on the things that we do not have... we let so many other things that God has prepared for us pass us by. We miss so many opportunities to celebrate with our flash mob because we are holding out for the "big one".
    Let's take God at His word. Look for those "things that God has prepared for us" every day! They're there. Can you find them?

    What are you celebrating today?

    ReplyDelete