Monday, November 20, 2023

Walls? They Prevent Healing

 Here is part of a conversation that I had with a friend the other day. 

Here is an alarm that has been going off on my phone the last month.. in order to help me heal.

Well yesterday.. this alarm popped up. and it hit me... this is not healing.. this is just another way to build a wall of protection so that those wounded areas are not triggered.  

Even though, that strategy did serve a purpose for a season, ie.. it allowed a scab to form so that I wasn't bleedin


g all over the place, still...  true healing wasn't happening because it was stil infected under the scab. 

So.. in light of our discussion yesterday... I am going to allow those pains, triggers, etc... to be the "check engine" light it was supposed to be.  Then, allow myself to apply the salve and bandages of the Holy Spirit to bring true healing to those areas. 

Bless you!


Kev




No comments:

Post a Comment