Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Are You Like Me?

Are you like me?

The other day, I was talking to a friend.  I asked him this question.  To me, the presence of God is a tangible thing.  It is like the blood flowing through my veins.  I can't see it.... but I need it.  If it gets low or sluggish.... I would definitely feel the difference in my every day life.

The same with God's presence.  From day to day the awareness of His presence changes. Sometimes even from hour to hour.  But, in my life... it is the thing that I need the most.  It is the thing that I no longer am satisfied with going without it.

I can have all the comforts of this world and still be discontent (and down right grouchy, mean, depressed, etc)  if I am not aware of God's presence.

On the other hand, if I am aware of God's presence in my life.... I am content and satisfied.

My friend agreed readily.  It is funny.. These are some of the thoughts I ponder.  Most of the time, I think I am the only one to think like this so.. I don't discuss it.  I keep it to myself   But after talking to my friend about this... I decided there must be others who think like this as well..

Are you one of them?   Please add your thoughts.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment