Monday, March 21, 2022

Faucets and Valves

 3/21/22

I have reached a high level mark today and it was very revealing to me.  I was having a very good morning.  Clarity of mind.  Gratefulness.  It seemed like the valve between my spirit and soul was really open and I was experiencing the benefits of this.
  A random thought came to me.  "I want to get together with Ray (not their real name) for coffee.  I wanted to share my gratefulness with them.. and how well things are going in me. 
That astounded me.  Because usually when I think about together with Ray.. it is because I still have some unresolved anger issues with him. But this time... it was different. 
I thought, "wow.. that is a new high water mark on my gauge."   
Thinking of high water marks.. I started thinking about what made the water deeper in order for that new high-level mark to be acheieved.  It wasn't anything I had done on purpose.  The thought of Ray came out of nowhere. 
 The connection between our soul and spirit has been in my thoughts for quite a while now.  So.. I realized that the deeper waters had to come from the opening between my soul and spirit... ie the valve.  
There are many references in the Bible that talk of this connection between the soul and the spirit.  John 7:38 says, "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
Wow!  That resonated so strongly with me.  That yes.. I had been carrying unforgivness towards Ray.. but... I have been disciplining myself to to apply grace and forgiveness towards Ray for awhile in order to change my heart/emotions towards him. (see my blog on forgiveness to take practicle steps to make your heart forgive)
I believe because of the constant steps I have been taking towards forgivness towards Ray.. that a chunk of the corrosion in my soul broke off.. and thus a random thoughts of Ray came which resulted in from the high water mark.  
There are other features of the water flow between our spirit and our soul.   Like how open is the valve.  One would think that God would just keep that valve wide open all the time.  But I am finding that God likes to adjust that valve.  Not as punishment.. but as an ebb and flow.  Sometimes it is gentle.. like a fresh Georgia rain.  Some times it is just a moderate flow to help us get through the mundane lives that we sometimes have to face.  Then it might be turned off... that develops a hunger and thirst in me for more!!!  Thirst and hunger is a good thing.  It drives us to greater things.  Then there are times where the valve seems to be wide open.. and it splashes over on to those around us and refreshes them.   
But...we must do our part.  We must make sure that we are dealing with the corrosion that will impede that flow.  

Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment