Saturday, July 27, 2019

The Narrow Way.... Is It Really That Narrow?

Just a thought that I want to develop.... I hope I get back to it eventually.... 

But it seems that the life I have in Christ is not narrow at all.   There is a lot of liberty. 

The thought of man.... taking dominion.. that is a lot of territory. 

I had a discussion the other day while hiking with a buddy... about how much is God really concerned with our day to day activities.  I mean.... not to make God out to be a noncaring Being.. but  I look at my adult kids... I mean... I love them..  I want the best for them.  But I do not make their second by second... minute by minute decisions for them.   I love to hear their stories.  I am ready and willing to listen to them anytime they want to talk.. I will be glad to give them advice if they want it.. But.. part of the joy of raising kids.. is to see them grow up and live their own lives.. and make their own decisions..   

Does that make sense?

But...  i diverted... The main thing I mean to express in this post is this.. . 
Yes... when I first came to Christ.. perhaps i did have to give up some things.  and yes.. as I walk with Christ there are many things that I will not do because I follow Christ.  But it seems that the things that I get to enjoy and have... far out weigh the things that I have had to give up in order to follow Him. The peace, joy and contentment alone is worth anything that I have had to give up.    Knowing that God has it all figured out.  Knowing that He has a wonderful plan for my life takes the worry out of this life.   Wow.. what a trade off!

No comments:

Post a Comment