Monday, August 1, 2022

Finding "The Way of Escape" (WOE)

My most recent personal application of this has been years in the making.                     


I have had a problem getting started in the mornings. Even though I work night shifts... I am still a morning person. I just can't get out of bed. 

    I remember being 18 years old when I first saw this delimma inside myself. It is not that I can't wake up. I just don't want to get out of bed. I love to stay in bed. Ponder life. The quietness... etc. I even spend hours pondering how how two motivate myself to get out of bed.

So.. what does this have to do with the "way of escape"? Well... I have finally discovered that "Way of Escape". It is so simple and it has been right there the whole time.. But I just didn't realize it. A part of the way out is this.. I just have learned to set my alarm clock two hours before i have to get out of bed. That way I can lay there.. read... think.. etc.. (So for years this was A WAY of escape... not quite what I wanted.. but it worked)
 

So finally.. I found the "answer". It had been there for awhile.. but I just wouldn't take that path. Finally after "circling back 'round" 😂... i decided to take it.. 


I decided to still set my alarm for 2 hours before I had to get out of bed. But instead instead of laying in bed for 2 hours and pondering. that I would allow myself 15 minutes to lay there and ponder.. but then I would set up in bed and ponder. I didn't have to do anything else different. Instead of the horizonal ponder position... I would assume the vertical pondering position.

Well.. this is only day 2 of me taking this "way of escape" (WOE) but it is miraculous. I have found.. the start of my day is just enjoyable but it progresses quite a bit faster. Just as relaxed.. but I am able to get up and start my active day about an 60-90 minutes faster. This might not impress you.... but it blows my mind. That after looking for THE (WOE) for 42 years.. I finally found it. (realizing that honestly it probably was there 42 years ago... I probably even started that down that path a few times.. but would always get off that trail. The verdict is still out.. but I think that this is the one!

Looking back.. I think I have heard this echo back and forth in the hills a few times.. 


And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. (Isaiah 30.21)


Selah... vertically! 

No comments:

Post a Comment