Friday, October 9, 2020

The Death of Fall


A friend of mine reminded me of something a posted a few years back. I thought I would share it again....... There are so many current events where this could apply. Let's let go of those things we need to let go of.. in order to allow for new life.. and new beginnings.

"I love the fall... the cooler temperatures. The lower humidity. Football season. Knowing that my favorite holidays are coming. The beauty of the falling leaves. But there was always this nagging thought of death and decay because of the falling leaves and the drabness after all the leaves were gone.

Well... this is my 2nd day in the woods doing a three day backpacking trip in Zaleski State Forest and a paradigm shift came to me about this morbid part of fall. I am sitting here eating my lunch and taking a break from the trail... and leaves are falling all around me. I was thinking again about this dark side of this wonderful season.. and then it hit me. It is not about death at all..... it is about letting go. You see.... the trees are not dying. The trees are merely letting go and making way for new growth in the spring. Sure it looks like death. Sure it looks like nothing is happening. But the trees are just allowing a natural part of life to occur. Letting go and making way for the new growth.


We should learn this important lesson from this season and the trees. We need to so readily let go of things in order to make room for newness to come. There might be a "death" type season where nothing is happening. But WE do not die. It is just the things that are no longer needed. They drop off in order for the new to come. So... let go.... new life is coming."

No comments:

Post a Comment