Friday, April 20, 2018

Feeling unloved and like no one cares?

I think that some of the sadness we experience sometimes is something that is planted in our emotions at some point in our lives... Perhaps as far back as when we were an infant or in our childhood...  That something that we feel is that we are not important to anyone else on this planet.  I think we all experience this periodically throughout our lives..  The healing of the feeling comes from knowing that even if no one else cares that I am alive.... God cares that I'm alive.  Even if I am not significant to anyone else but God...... that has got to be enough.   
I have been into reinterpreting situations and circumstances lately.  To try to get the bigger picture of this life..  I am learning that as I take those feelings of insignificance and look at the big picture.... That I do matter to the greatest Being ever.... God.....  then I can have a healthy outlook that not only benefits me... but will also benefit others.  
Jesus said to consider the lilies.... In Matthew 6:28... So, let us consider the lilies.  There are some flowers that no one will ever see them.. Their only significance in the span of their lifetime is that God created it.. God is pleased with it.... and then they die.   They are content with that.  At least I think they are... I have never asked one.  
So... the fix for feeling insignificant is to take the attitude of the lilly.  God made us for his pleasure.  Even if no one else cares.... we have to reinterpret our lives and our circumstances to that place that knowing that God cares is enough.  


So... when the sadness comes from feeling insignificant and not loved by others... take that feeling and turn it towards God and develop the habit of meditating on the fact that even though no one else cares.. still.... The Greatest, All Powerful, All Loving Being that ever was.... personally made you and loves you and delights in you.  If you consistently replace and reinterpret your situation and circumstances in this manner.. your life will become so blessed regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment